Selection Criteria for a target seat
Essential practical criteria
Candidates must demonstrate that they meet the following criteria.
- Is available to commit to a pre-agreed amount of campaign activity for the constituency from the date of selection until polling day.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and credibility as a candidate for the constituency.
- Can organise own transport in order to campaign in all areas of the constituency.
Candidates will be asked to show evidence of:
- Seeking out opportunities to publicise Lib Dem policies using different methods and outlets
- Speaking confidently and persuasively in public
- Inspiring and motivating others to work towards common goals
- Building trust, confidence and enthusiasm among supporters
Strategic Thinking and Judgement
- Understanding Liberal Democrat policy, and translating it into creative and tangible real world outcomes
- Actively seeking to attract, engage and build trust with new supporters
- Seeking to win for Party or constituents rather than self
- Dealing well with conflict and remaining positive in the face of setbacks
Values in Action
- Developing a campaign team dedicated to maximising Party profile
- Talking to people to identify concerns, build support and secure resources
- Looking to win for all by supporting other campaigns when required
- Being willing to engage in less high profile aspects of campaign work