Selecting our Parliamentary Candidate
Southwark and Lambeth Liberal Democrats are selecting our Parliamentary Candidate for the next General Election for the Dulwich and West Norwood.
The deadline for nominations has closed and five persons have applied:
Please click on names to view their manifestos
Your Chance to Vote
The Liberal Democrats are a democratic party and it is our local members who select our candidates. As the recipient of this mailing, you are able to vote in this selection, subject to your membership being fully paid up.
You are warmly invited to our members selection hustings on 31st March at Effra Space (21 Effra Parade, Brixton, London SW2 1PX) from 6.45pm where you will be able to hear from the applicants before voting.
You may cast your vote any time during the meeting.
Members who cannot attend the members meeting may vote by post. To apply for a postal vote, please inform the Returning Officer, Dave Raval, on [email protected] or by post at 74 Amhurst Road, London E8 1JH, and state where you would like the postal vote to be sent.
Please apply for postal votes in plenty of time, to allow time for them to be posted out to you and returned.
The deadline for applying for a postal vote is 27th March Note that proxy and electronic voting is not permitted in this selection.
Abiding by the Rules
In the run-up to the members’ meeting, members should note that:
- Applicant(s) must be equally invited to social and others events arranged in the run-up to the hustings
- Applicant(s)’ supporters should not put out written material on behalf of applicant(s) without their consent
- If you wish to take any action on behalf of applicant(s), please check with the Returning Officer that you may do so, before starting
- You may also be contacted individually as applicants are encouraged to canvass members for their support
- If you would like more information on the rules, please contact the Returning Officer.