Canada Water Masterplan - Trying to hold Southwark Labour to account with regeneration plans which fail to meet the 35% social and council housing whilst ignoring residents desire for retention of heritage.
Southwark Labour have failed to consult with and take on board local residents views. The consultation has therefore been handed over to British Land. Once again not enough affordable or socially rented homes are being provided. Nor the heritage of the area being considered.
- Ongoing consultation process on CW since March 2014
- British Land produced Canada Water Masterplan
- 3500 new homes
- 100,000m² retail/leisure space
- Consultation coordinated by British Land not Council
- Controversial location of new leisure centre. 3 potential sites. No provision for 50m swimming pool
July 2017: Popular Printworks venue could be kept in Canada Water masterplan
May 2017: Residents react to revised Canada Water Masterplan https://www.southwarknews.co.uk/news/residents-react-revised-canada-water-masterplan/
Aug 2015: Canada Water Masterplan could ruin wildlife, say residents http://www.wharf.co.uk/news/local-news/canada-water-masterplan-could-ruin-9920434