Below is our full 'Value for money' manifesto policy paper.
Key priorities include:
- Cutting council tax to reduce the cost of living for all Southwark residents.
- Cutting Labour’s £9.3m bill for catering, taxis, spin doctors and other waste and get better value for money for residents.
- Investing council money more wisely and ethically, putting investment funds into new homes rather than tobacco firms.
- Giving council decisions and money back to communities by making sure every decision possible is taken by Community Councils and residents rather than town hall bureaucrats.
- Launching a voluntary sector commission to give local groups a real say in council decisions, and support the work of charities right across the borough.
Read the full 2014 council elections manifesto at www.southwark-libdems.org.uk/manifesto.