Tower block housing scheme - Not delivering the 35% minimum for social and council housing. Rotherhithe residents views on development ignored. Labour are abandoning residents to keep developers happy...Again. Sign the petition lobbying Southwark Council to meet their 35%
Southwark Council have proposed to build a new tower block which is too tall, does not deliver the minimum 35% social and council housing - rather majority private flats likely for foreign investment
- 'St George's Wharf' plans drawn up for tower block in 2015. Site identified 2009.
- Consultation not well advertised
- Community anger at the height of proposed development.
- Originally 22 storeys. Now 26. Gross over-development
- 51% AH dropped to 36%. From 69 council homes to 39.
- Strategic viewing corridor from (Greenwich Park to St. Paul’s Cathedral) 30metres from site
- Plans adjusted to allegedly minimise loss of view
- Alternative 'community-led' plan proposed in April 2017
April 2017: Architect says his vision for South Dock would be best boatyard on east coast
Sept 2016: South Dock Marina tower to be six storeys taller as Southwark Council reveal scaled back plans for housing scheme
July 2016: Southwark Council will ‘revise’ tower block plans for South Dock Marina
For more information view the Rotherhithe Ward Issues Page
Sign our petition