Below is our full 'Older People and Social Care' policy paper.
It outlines our key priorities including:
- Introducing a dedicated phone line for older residents, staffed by older people, so they can directly call a specialised Older People team for information about housing, social services and benefits.
- Building housing designed for older people that can be easily adapted as needs change, such as retirement villages including shops and amenities.
- Supporting high quality day centres and offer personalised help for older people and persons with disabilities – in contrast to Labour’s centralist ‘one-size fits all’ approach.
- Launching a review of the help offered to carers in the borough to make sure they get the support they deserve.
- Helping pensioners and children and adults with disabilities to lead a full and active life by supporting involvement in arts, leisure, community activities and the voluntary sector.
Read the full 2014 council elections manifesto at www.southwark-libdems.org.uk/manifesto.