Everybody living in Southwark deserves to live and work in a safe and pleasant environment. Southwark Liberal Democrats have published a policy paper explaining how we will get the basics right on community safety.
Our plans range from tackling noise nuisance to supporting victims of domestic violence, and we will make it a priority to listen to the needs of residents to make sure people feel safe in our borough.
Our community safety policy paper is centred on five key commitments:
- Continuing to fight the Tory Mayor of London’s police and fire cuts and give communities more say over emergency services in their area.
- Restoring funding to the noise and anti-social behaviour teams which was cut by Labour to help tackle nuisance and low-level crime.
- Investing in CCTV and door-entry systems on estates to give residents the security they need in their own homes.
- Tackling alcohol related crime and disorder in trouble hotspots and remove licenses from irresponsible bars and clubs.
- Helping victims of domestic violence and troubled families get the support they need to turn their lives around.
Read the Keeping Southwark Safe manifesto policy paper (PDF, opens in new window)