Southwark Liberal Democrats have today published our full manifesto policy paper on jobs and business: Creating jobs, supporting local business.
Key priorities include:
- Creating 1,000 new apprenticeships in the borough to help revitalise the local economy and create lasting jobs.
- Opening a new ‘Jobs & Enterprise Hub’ offering information and support on jobs and training, as well as providing desk space for start-up businesses.
- Offering flexible business rates and provide business loans through the council to help small companies in Southwark get the financial support they need to thrive and grow.
- Creating a new “I’m shopping locally” parking scheme and introduce a levy on large supermarkets to revitalise our high streets and show we are on the side of local shops and markets.
- Rolling-out free wireless internet across the borough to put Southwark on the digital map.
Read the full 2014 council elections manifesto at www.southwark-libdems.org.uk/manifesto.